Late last week, Massachusetts politicians released HD 4607, “an act modernizing firearm laws.” HD 4607 is a “re-write” of the infamous HD 4420 bill that created a firestorm of backlash from law-abiding gun owners in Massachusetts. Despite just releasing the 123-page legislation, anti-gun politicians have already scheduled the public hearing for Tuesday, October 10th. Individuals who wish to testify in-person or virtually may register to do so by CLICKING HERE by 12:00 p.m. on Monday, October 9th.
The Committee on Judiciary
Public Hearing: HD 4607: An Act Modernizing Firearm Laws
Massachusetts State House, Gardner Auditorium
Tuesday, October 10th, 2023
This massive piece of legislation re-writes gun laws in the Commonwealth and imposes unprecedented gun-control. This bill is an ominous bill that includes the worst anti-gun legislation in the country, including:
- Widespread bans on commonly owned firearms,
- Eliminating due process through expanded “Red Flag” laws,
- Implementing new “safe storage” mandates in and out of your home,
- Instituting expanded gun registry programs,
- Placing an extreme financial burden on gun-owners to price them out of being able to exercise their Second Amendment rights,
- And much more.
All NRA members and Second Amendment supporters are strongly encouraged to contact their lawmakers and urge them to oppose this legislation. To contact your lawmaker now, click the TAKE ACTION button below.
Please stay tuned to the NRA-ILA website and your inbox for updates as we continue to monitor the progress of this legislation.